WaStates08
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Testing Results + scheduling

5 posters

Go down

Testing Results + scheduling Empty Testing Results + scheduling

Post  G Pelly Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:25 am

Ok so I tried to get a little session going last night and I did learn a few things.

5cc cannot beat faeries. At least not the LSV version. With Jace, Thoughtseize and Vendillion maindeck, 5cc ends up in way too many situaitons where it just draws nothing. If Jace resolves and sticks, it's an utter train wreck for 5cc. Nothing in the sideboard really help. Negate was only really good against Bitterblossom and after that it was worthless. Faeries killed 5cc with too much life to spare for resounding thunder to be relevant. We shoehorned in some cloudthreshers into 5cc and they really didn't do much, if they even stayed in hand/resolved.

Ugh. This is such a bad matchup and I fail to see how rev or merfolk could be much better for 5cc. I predict that 5cc is going to do a lot worse at the scg $5k open this weekend. We should watch the results of that closely as it will impact the meta we will see at states.

Also I tested RDW for awhile and that seemed promising. The decks better than I thought, but prone to awkward draws with tons of 3cc cards (y halo thar gouger, ram gang, hells thunder and flame jav), but if it drew right it was just sick. Hells Thunder is that damn good fyi. I fell in love with in RDW and it should probably replace some of the 3 drops as I'm not a fan of 12 of them in the creature slot.

Finally, Mark Jung tested a 4 color faeries/doran hybrid deck. I thought originally it was a greedy trainwreck and was awful sauce, but at least with the hands he saw, it was quite good. It has both doran and BB to put on early pressure, then keeps control with a ton of counters. I saw bant charm, cryptic, negate and remove soul. I think he was running 14-15 counters in there =/
I'd like to see that list, maybe it's a good deck.

Oh and for 5 color, our list looks like this:

4 Cryptic
3 Bant Charm
3 Esper Charm
3 Wrath of God
3 Mulldrifter
3 K. Finks
3 Cloudthresher
2 Cruel Ultimatum
2 Shriekmaw
2 Condemn
1 Oona's Grace
1 Pyroclasm
1 Firespout
1 Nucklavee
1 Oona
1 Naya Charm

26 lands
4 Pool
4 Vivid Creek
4 Vivid Meadow
3 Seaside Citadel
2 Vivid Grove
2 Flood Grove
2 Cascade Bluffs
3 Mystic Gate
2 Sunken Ruins

Sideboard
2 Jace
1 Cloudthresher
1 Memory Plunder
2 Remove Soul
2 Negate
2 Jund Charm
1 Resound Wave
4? (I forgot)

Anyways, I would like to start testing twice a week now, so I propose Mon-Wed. We also have FNM and finally events at West Coast (although I THINK it's draft this week).

G Pelly

Back to top Go down

Testing Results + scheduling Empty RDW

Post  Raigannsi Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:44 pm

I did some testing on Tuesday with the Red Deck and I agree - Hell's Thunder is all that and a packet of chips though I did not play against the Fae. I was not running any of the gougers so my 3 drop slot was not overloaded and the ram gang having only 3 toughness was not a big deal as the more prevalent board wipers were WOG, Infest and Pyroclasm with Firespout seeming to have taken a back seat. Might have to change the BRG for the AG if that changes. With all the Fae and 5C I was guessing would be out there I ran main deck Vexing Shusher and about half the time really wanted Stigma Lasher (though 3/4 decks I played had lifegain so that might have been why).

Decklist:

3 Ghitu Encampment
21 Mountain

4 Figure
4 Mogg Fanatic
4 Magma Spray (amazing against Finks but often I would have been much better off if they went to the dome)
4 Vexing Shusher
4 Incinerate
4 Ram Gang
4 Hells Thunder
4 Flame Javelin
4 Demigod

I found my Demigods to be MUCH less effective than before the rotation - too many Condemn and Bant Charm flying around.

Raigannsi

Back to top Go down

Testing Results + scheduling Empty Re: Testing Results + scheduling

Post  Mcdoogle Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:57 am

Hey greg for fnm can you bring the updated list of Bgr for me???
Since I assume your going to play 5c

thanks..

Also is fae so prelavent that we have to mainboard thresher not to mention you said it didn't even help and the matchup is unwinnable.. Wouldn't it be better to play a card that sures up the other matchups??

Mcdoogle
Admin

https://states08.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Testing Results + scheduling Empty yo

Post  Rikos Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:44 am

Its robert, apologizes for not being much help for testing, with work and night classes my weeks are slammed. Only times I have free are fridays nights and saturday mornings/afternoons. The new site i am at works a 4-ten schedule, so i will have all of friday free, but that could change with the day.

What deck does fae have issues with and any thoughts on a "easier" standard deck to run, since my skill level is not so high.

Rikos

Back to top Go down

Post  complex Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:31 pm

an easy but strong deck is WW backlash

complex

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down